The PARCC Tests
Modern, high-Quality assessments
The PARCC assessment system is an annual year-end test in English language arts/literacy, and mathematics in grades 3-8 and high school.
Most states voluntarily adopted new, more rigorous academic standards in 2010 and 2011 and teachers have been using them since then in their daily instruction. As a result, states needed high-quality assessments aligned to those standards that would test students of all achievement levels on what they are learning.
Many of the old state tests measured only lower-level skills. The new assessments serve as an "educational GPS system," measure students’ current performance, and point the way to what students need to learn by graduation so they are ready for college and/or a career.
Recent independent studies have found PARCC aligns to the standards and assessment criteria that matter most.
GreatKids Test Guide for Parents provides families with students in grades 3-8 with customizable information by state and grade level that will help them better understand what their child was tested on and how to support their learning. The Guide, created in collaboration with teachers at each grade level, explains what knowledge and skills are needed grade-by-grade and subject-by-subject. Also available en Espanol.
Be a Learning Hero helps parents navigate the changes happening in classrooms across the country so they can help their children be successful in school. They provide resources and information for parents from some of the nation’s most well-respected education and parent organizations including the National PTA, Common Sense Media and GreatSchools.
UnderstandtheScore.org is a collaborative resource designed to help parents most effectively intepret their child's score report. It features information about the assessments, along with resources that will help parents assist their children on the journey to college and career readiness.
TRANSLATED SCORE REPORTS
PARCC has translated the sample score reports for all grade levels into 11 different languages, and both parents and educators may access them here.
PARENT RESOURCES DEVELOPED BY EDUCATORS
The materials located below have been developed by educators to provide parents a better understanding of the PARCC assessments. While these materials have been developed to inform parents, they may also be customized for presentations by local parent organizations and other stakeholder groups. Areas for customization are colored red within the documents and each resource was developed with a specific grade band — elementary, middle or high school — in mind.
- "Opening Doors" - Overview Powerpoint Presentation
- “Abriendo Puertas” - Visión General En Español
- "Stepping Up" - Overview Powerpoint Presentation
- "Paso Arriba" - Visión General En Español
- “Stepping Out” - Overview Powerpoint Presentation
- “Paso Arriba” - Visión General En Español
Overview Powerpoint Template
- PARCC Parent Overview Powerpoint Presentation Template
PARCC Scores 2017-2018 Academic Year
- 2018 3rd Grade ELA Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 3rd Grade Math Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 4th Grade ELA Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 4th Grade Math Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 5th Grade ELA Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 5th Grade Math Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 6th Grade ELA Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 6th Grade Math Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 7th Grade ELA Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 7th Grade Math Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 8th Grade ELA Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 8th Grade Math Performance Level Summary.pdf
- 2018 Algebra 1 Performance Level Summary.pdf
- MLSD PARCC 2017.pdf